A few weeks ago, I started teasing my friends and roommates. I would say, “I don’t need a husband, I am going to get a dog when I get out of school.” The more I think about this, the better the thought is. So, here is my list on why dogs are better than men:
1) It is ok if a dog is furry, but it is not ok if a man is furry!
2) It is not inhumane to kick a dog out any time he gets smelly.
3) You don’t have to cook for dogs. In fact, it is easier to serve a dog dog food than to serve a man cereal.
4) Dogs forgive easily; they don’t hold grudges.
5) Dogs are always excited to see you when you get home from work or school.
There you go, five good reasons to get a dog instead of a husband. Plus, you don’t have to put yourself out there or risk getting hurt when you get a dog. You simply pick one out that you can’t resist and love it with all your heart. If you love it, it will love you unconditionally in return. No more heartbreaks for me….I’m getting a dog.